Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"It's Not My Fault...

being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise." This statement made by Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride still makes me laugh. And it has been kind of a running joke in my family as I have been the biggest and strongest for quite a while. Just a couple years ago while playing in the backyard at my parents', both my younger brothers, my sister, and my dad attempted to throw me into the pool. My siblings ended up wet, but all four of them couldn't manage to soak me. Ha!

But back to my supposed weight loss. I confess that I haven't been exercising much. I hurt my knee and back playing softball a few weeks back, and it's still lingering. Plus, I like my bed. I did weigh in on Monday at 278.7, but I didn't post. Life has been a little hectic. Not bad. However, I have also eaten the equivalent of a small pick-up truck over the past few days.

On Thursday my professor was actually visiting our site so we took her to dinner at Mimi's. Friday night Amy and I went to Winger's. I also had a leftover steak for lunch. I ordered more steak for dinner. And when I couldn't finish it off, I began to feel old and weak. So I killed it for breakfast alongside a three-egg omelet. Then I had to graze in the football snack pasture on Saturday. That night we took our scouts for a reward pizza dinner as well. Then today I couldn't leave the pork loin alone. Then we went to Mom and Dad's for ice cream and cookies. While we were visiting, one of the neighbors brought over part of a pig he had smoked this afternoon. The homemade BBQ sauce is still tingling the back of my throat.

Honestly, I'm a little scared for tomorrow. I hope I an exercise without puking or pausing for oxygen.

On a brighter note, I still haven't broken my carbonation drought since the beginning of the school year. Only five weeks to go! Time for a TUMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment