Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Weight Loss Is in the House!

So what if I haven't written anything on this blog in almost a year? Life was stressful, and we all know that I eat when I'm stressed.

Despite the stress, Amy and I have rededicated ourselves to overcome the craziness of life and become healthier. You ask how? I'll tell you: portion control.

I never thought that I ate poorly. I just ate way too much. So since January, we have used the Lose It! app on our phones to log how many calories we consume each day. It just made more more aware how much junk I shoveled into my gullet every day. Now, I still enjoy great foods--even bacon, sausage, burgers, and other traditional tantalizing treats (including ice cream). I just eat less of them. You know, two scoops instead of four, and so on.

Oh, yes...we exercise a bit, too.

As of this writing, I am down 16.6 pounds, sitting at 278.4. I haven't been this low since the beginning of 2012.

If you want to know how high I was, do the math yourself.

P.S. If you have any good recipes that won't entice me to regress, please forward them on. I'll share some with you if you want, too. Maybe I'll just post some.

P.P.S. The goal is to be down to 270 by the beginning of June.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I noticed you (and Amy) looking a little thinned out last time I saw ya :) So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete