"You would live longer," said the old sheep, "if you ate less."
"Who wants to live forever?" sneered the rat. "I'm naturally a heavy eater and I get untold satisfaction from the pleasures of the feast."
![]() |
| Templeton at the Chuck-a-rama! |
Apparently I've taken a page out of old Templeton's book as of late. However, I must say in my defense, that over the 4th of July celebrations and birthdays and family reunions this past week, I did not overeat...despite the veritable smorgasbord available to me and my cravings. I think that i have managed to control most of my overeating habits. For example, when we had a friendly slopping at Chuck-a-rama, I neither instituted nor followed the previous standard of a four-plate minimum. In fact, I only had three small plates (and dessert, of course).
There is something quite enjoyable about savoring the pleasures of the feast. I've heard in the somewhat-recent past that you can tell quite a bit about a person or a family by the comments made after a meal. There's a difference between asking if you got enough of your meal as opposed to whether you enjoyed your meal (or not).
Lately I've taken to playing the "what could improve this" game whenever I eat. Sometimes I do it aloud (and annoy people, especially if I'm in a restaurant), and sometimes I do it by myself. This is easiest as no one else usually likes to play. Some items like McDonald's chicken "nuggets" are easy to play with because there are so many right answers. Whereas other items like the baked beans I made for the 4th were hard to crack. The answer that I came up with, though was more bacon. (That usually works.)

Don't forget to read the ever-expanding waistline of rules at the bottom of the page.
ReplyDelete