On May 22, 2011, I started Fatty’s Blubber Blog after an
incident where I was too fat to ride the Samurai at Lagoon. For the first time
since that day, I returned to the park, with one thing to prove: fit on the
Samurai. So when I reached the head of the line, four years later, I was relieved to find the fat
guy seat open—you know, the one reserved for “bigger” riders. I slid in, but
before I the ride started, the worker came over and gave my harness a tug.
(Momentary panic and anger.)
“Sir, could you switch places with the person next to
you?” She was talking to me. I was asked to leave the fat seat! How’s that for an ego boost? Sure, my
ribs are slightly bruised (and crushed), and the ride wasn’t nearly as fun as I
remember it, but hey, I was asked to get out of the fat seat.
I have been hovering around 270 for several weeks now,
and I haven’t been able to exercise due to outside time constraints, so I think
it’s pretty permanent. Tomorrow is the last day of school, so I can start back
on my regimen again with more vigor.
My eventual goal is to get back down to my weight when
Amy and I got married: around 230 lbs. So, that means there’ll be 40 lbs. less
of me in the future. Watch out so you don’t pick it up.
P.S. I've had to put two new notches in my belt, and I can't run any more without holding onto my pants. (Not that I ran much in the first place.)

No comments:
Post a Comment